The large palace with four wings placed around the middle low-level courtyard is an architectonic masterpiece of the High and Late Baroque.
The house was rebuilt after 1600 in Late Renaissance style. During the 17th and the beginning of the 18th century the first crucial Baroque reconstruction was accomplished and the palace gained its today’s form and extent. The author of the project has not been proved by archives, however, according to all known analogies it is Giovanni Battista Alliprandi who is considered to be the project designer. The Late Baroque adaptation was finished after 1735 by the following owner, Paul Vincent Prince von Mannsfeld-Fondi. The architect (and probably also designer) was Franz Ignatz Pree. From this period come the monumental portal with vases and the Braun’s putti crowned with the sign of the Colloredo-Mansfeld dynasty.
In 2010 the palace was transferred to the custody of the City Gallery Prague that opened it to the public in June 2013. The excursion leads through the representative rooms piano nobile, including the Baroque dance hall with a mural painting by Pietro Scotti and Giovanni Battista Zaist. On the 3rd floor you can visit a showroom for short-term exhibitions of modern art.