Get on and off anytime, anywhere, as many times as you like throughout the day. Travel in style and discover the metropolis at your own pace.
You won’t miss any of Prague’s most beautiful towers. Explore the Powder Gate Tower, be enchanted by the monumentality of the St Nicholas Bell Tower, look out from the gallery of the Old Town Hall Tower or the Petřín Lookout Tower, and explore the mystery of the Charles Bridge towers.
Ticket validity: 24 hours
Boarding and disembarking: anywhere along the line, as many times as you like, all day long
Price: CZK 300 full fare for the whole day
CZK 200 discounted fare (children 4-15 years, students up to 26 years, seniors over 65 years)
- Discounted fare every Sunday from 12:00: a discount of CZK 50 (These tickets can only be purchased directly in the tram and paid for with a contactless card.)
- Discounted fare: Get a discount of CZK 50 on the tram ticket when you present your ticket from one of the buildings managed by Prague City Tourism a.s. (valid only on the day of your visit, card payment only; does not apply to school group tickets, tickets from lecture programs and special PCT events). The discount applies only to tickets purchased directly in the Tourist Tram Line 42.
- Discounted fare for Lítačka card holders: a discount of CZK 50 (These tickets can only be purchased directly in the tram upon presentation of the card. Payment is only possible with a contactless credit card. Lítačka card loaded on a physical card, in the app or on a credit card will be accepted.)
Discounted fare: Discount for participants in regular and private tours with our official tour guide: CZK 50. Claim your discount by presenting the voucher from your tour within 7 days of it taking place. The discount applies to both full price and reduced tickets.
Discounts can be combined – the maximum possible discount is CZK 100 when combining two discounts.
- Tip – Discounted admission to the towers: Get a 20% discount on entry to one of the towers managed by Prague City Tourism a.s. on the day of your ride when you present your ticket (does not apply to Multi-ticket “9 objects in 365 days”).
- Passengers with a valid Tourist Tram 42 ticket can also use this ticket to travel:
– on the Historic Tram Line No. 41, which is managed by the Prague Public Transit Company. The tram runs from Vozovna Střešovice to Výstaviště Praha in Holešovice and back. Transfer from line 42 is possible at the Královský letohrádek stop at 10:05, 11:25, 12:45, 14:05, 15:25 and 16:45. The Historic Tram 41 timetable is available HERE.
– on the historic bus K, a semi-circular retro bus line in Prague 6.
Transfer from the No 42 tram is possible at the Dlabačov/Malovanka stop at the following times: 10:52, 11:32, 12:12, 12:52, 13:32, 14:12, 14:52, 15:32, 16:12 and 17:32. The bus line K timetable is available HERE.
- buy your ticket directly in the tram
- at one of the Prague City Tourism a.s. tourist information centers: Old Town Hall, Na Můstku or Petřín Tower Information Centre
- at one of the Prague Public Transit Company information centres: Letiště, Nádraží Veleslavín, Hradčanská, Můstek, Anděl, Hlavní nádraží, Magistrát
- or buy it on our e-shop
- cryptocurrency via GoCrypto (accepted crypto wallets: Binance, Bitcoin.com, Elly), only possible directly in the tram
Tip – Discounted admission to the towers:
- Get a 20% discount on entry to one of the towers managed by Prague City Tourism a.s. on the day of your ride when you present your ticket (does not apply to Multi-ticket “8 objects in 365 days”).
Dlabačov – Pohořelec – Brusnice – Pražský hrad – Královský letohrádek – Malostranská – Právnická fakulta – Čechův most – Dlouhá třída – Náměstí Republiky – Masarykovo nádraží – Jindřišská – Václavské náměstí – Vodičkova – Lazarská – Národní třída – Národní divadlo – Újezd – Hellichova – Malostranské náměstí – Malostranská – Královský letohrádek – Pražský hrad – Brusnice – Pohořelec – Dlabačov
A detailed guide to Tram Line 42
Take a look at the cultural and natural monuments, iconic Prague companies and memorable places you can visit along the way.
Timetable sat – sun
You’ll find all kinds of historical cars on Line 42 – the oldest dates back to the time of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, but there are also carriages from the late 1950s-early1960s. In addition to those listed here, you’ll encounter quite a few other interesting specimens.
Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the monarchy! In this uniquely designed tram car, you’ll feel like the Emperor himself!
This unique tram, which lived through the refined times of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, will win you over with its functionality – it even served as a snow plow and company tram.
The golden era of the First Republic is commemorated in this car. Because the First Republic is no more – just like the two-axle trams – a ride in this tram is even more special!
This 1950s T1 tram car, inspired by American design, boasts original shapes and looks. There are only two in Prague!
More information about the historical cars on Line 42 can be found HERE.